Had my 4th doctor's appointment this morning.
The appointment was not with my doctor, but one of her colleagues who could possibly be delivering the baby if the date falls on his rotation. I can't remember his name though...oops.
Anyways, talk about the worlds shortest appointment. He walked in shook my hand, looked at Jeff who was pretty much a walking zombie at 9:00 a.m. in the morning and told Jeff he felt the same way.
He had me lie back and lift up my shirt a little, then he jelled my belly and put the heartbeat thing on. The baby's heartbeat popped up immediately :) He listened to it for a few minutes, told me it sounded good then wiped the goo off and sat down to ask me if I had any questions.
Do I have any questions? Yes! I have millions of questions- MILLIONS.
1. Why, oh why, won't this stupid cold I've had for over a week go away?
2. Is this stupid cold hurting the baby?
3. If I skip a day of prenatal vitamins, is that bad for the baby?
4. What's my child's favorite color going to be?
5. Why am I getting migraines more frequently that I've ever had them before?
6. I'm still super tired all the time- is that normal?
7. I'm wearing maternity clothes at 15 weeks, is that normal?
8. How's my weight? Am I gaining too much? Am I gaining enough>
But of course, this not being my normal doctor and I could tell this guy was tired and probably didn't want to deal with petty questions I just quietly shook my head.
All in all, this was the shortest doctor's appointment known to mankind and I am just praying that the baby decides to come on a day when my doctor is working the delivery room. Please oh please!
My next ultrasound (still waiting on the checkup appt) is scheduled for Oct. 21. This is when we get to find out what the baby is! YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!