Side note: Not only does Sarah live in Hawaii but she works at Coach. Okay, will someone tell her she's almost completely stolen my fantasy life of 1. Living in Hawaii 2. Working for a designer purse place so I can have all the purses I want...allllllll the purses I want Mwahahaha and 3. Marrying Robert Pattison. Now she hasn't yet reached my third dream goal yet, but at the rate she's going, she's bound to get there soon. FIE!
Anyway, back on track.
So yes, Sarah moved to Hawaii and has politely been requesting visits from yours truly. I say politely, because she really doesn't have to push the request on me. As soon as she said Hawaii I was already there. Now the orchestration begins. I want to go and visit Sarah in August. Its pretty much the only gift I am asking for my birthday. I want money to help me buy a plane ticket or to have for spending fun while I'm there. I think I will do okay if this is all I ask for. But now the real tricky part begins.
1. I am married and
2. I have a baby
So I've been playing around with some dates in August- trying to figure out when would be the best time to take a vacation. I can't go any earlier because I really can't take any time off in the summer (Boo) and I can't go any later because then Jeff is swamped covering football. So, August it is.
But what about the Bub?
I'm looking at being gone 6-7 days. That's a long time for my little man to be alone with Daddy and a Daddy who works full-time.
Brainstorm. Brainstorm. Brainstorm. Talk to my dad. Brainstorm. Brainstorm. Brainstorm.
So after lots of talking to Jeff and my parents and some side conversations with Sarah. This is what I think will work.
1. Jeff, Caderyn and I are going to fly down to Phoenix on Allegiant.
2. Jeff is going to take a min-vaca and golf which is nice because then I have help on the plane ride down there.
3. I am going to fly out of Phoenix to Hawaii because I can get a round-trip ticket for like $350. Totaled together with my ticket to Phoenix and we're maybe looking at a $500 ticket total. Not too shabby!
4. My parents will watch Caderyn for the week that I'm gone
5. Jeff will fly back a happy man because he got some premium golf and pool time in
6. I will be in Hawaii with my Sarah!
7. I will fly back to Phoenix, grab my little guy and fly back home!
If everything continues to fall into place and we get the right price for our plane tickets, I will be here
In the blink of an eye.
Excitement all around!!!!