It was called Three Bean Sausage. There's lots of it leftover so maybe I'll try and take a picture of it later.
- Cooked/Uncooked Polish or Italian sausage. If you get uncooked (which I did) you'll have to cook them before they go in the pot.
- Black beans
- Kidney Beans
- Great Northern Beans
- 1/2 cup of celery
- 1/3 cup of onions (or more of less depending on your tast)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
How to make it:
- So I cooked the sausage on the stovetop before putting it in the pot. Random sidebar here: I have this thing where I can't stand the touch of raw meat. Seriously it gives me the heebie jeebies. But I still do it, because, you know, one's gotta eat. Something I found that helps with this weird fear I have it a pair of good, strong thongs to pick up the meat and hold it so I don't have to. I would suggest every gal gets some of these for her kitchen.
- While the sausage was cooking, I poured all of the canned beans into a strained and rinsed them and then put them in the crockpot
- I chopped the celery and the onion and added those
- Then I added all of the spices and tomato sauce.
- Once the sausage was cooked I sliced it and put it in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4-4 1/2 hours stirring every half hour or so.
- Serve over rice