A couple posts ago, I wrote about how I was going to read, read, read this summer.
So far so good in that department.
This is the list of books that I wanted to get through before school started again in August.
1. Gone With the Wind
2. The Book Thief
3. Winter Wheat
5. Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse)
6. World Without End
7. Some books we examined in my Children's Literature class
8. Maybe a romance novel (but just one) :)
9. The Girl Who Fell From the Sky
10.The Handmaid's Tale
So far I have read:
1. Shiver: Loved it! If you liked reading Twilight, I know for a fact you will like this. I actually thought it was way better. This is about a boy named Sam who turns into a wolf/werewolf when the temperature drops. He's only a human for three or four months out of the year and eventually he will never be human again, only wolf. Grace is a girl who loves Sam even though she has never met him. She loves Sam in his wolf form because he rescued her from his wolf pack attack. Technically, Grace should have become a wolf too because she was bitten...but she didn't. Why didn't she and is there some way to cure Sam and ensure he and Grace will be together forever???/ You'll have to read it.
2. Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse). Loved it! Love Sookie! Love Charlaine Harris! You just know there's going to be another book!
3. The Girl Who Fell From the Sky. This book was very intense but good. It's about a girl named Rachel whose mother is Danish and father is African American. Her mother leaves her father after a horrible accident in which one of their children is killed in a fire. The father is also an alcoholic. The mother flees to America with her children and begins some bad relationships. She has a baby with another man. Through the daughters eyes and the eyes of a few other characters we see the hardships the family goes through because they are mixed ethnicities. The stress is too much for the mother to handle and a horrible accident occurs. I'm not going to give it away. If you're interested, you'll just have to read it.
4. World Without End. This is the second book to Pillars of the Earth. It's pretty big and will take me some time to get through, but I'm excited bout reading it. I just got it yesterday from the library.