Caderyn went to the dentist for the first time.
I wanted to make it a really good experience for him and overall I think he loved it.
1. Caderyn playing in the waiting room. He had lots of fun flirting with the ladies at the front. 2. Striking a pose for the dentist's camera. 3. Caderyn's identification picture. The front desk ladies loved it so much they printed out a copy. 4. Big boy sitting in the big chair. 5. "Hey, what the heck is this thing around my neck?"
6. Mr. Cool One 7. Mr. Cool Two 8. Getting all ready to have his teeth worked on. 9. Getting his teeth "tickled." 10. He was so good- the nurse let him pick out three prizes for his good behavior. 11. Chocolate toothpaste.
Some advice on what worked for Caderyn before going.
1. We didn't talk about it at all until the morning of.
2. I told him we were going to the dentist and that the dentist keeps our teeth happy.
3. I told him he had to smile nice and big for the dentist to they could see his teeth.
4. I told him the dentist was nice and that if he was good he would probably get a prize.
5. At the dentist I let him take his Pooh Bear blanket with him for comfort.
6. I was right there with him.
And the staff and dentist at the office were really awesome with him too so that helped a ton!