I wanted to do the same thing for Caderyn, so I resolved to make him a yummy breakfast.
I made a French Toast Bake and it was super, super easy and really yummy.
I will definitely be making this again.
You will need:
- 1 loaf of Texas Toast
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Melt stick of butter in a saucepan and add brown sugar. Stir, stir, stir until they are well mixed and then pour this mixture all over the bottom of your 9x13 baking dish (rectangle). Spread it around with a spatula if you need to.
- Layer your baking dish with six slices of Texas Toast. It should cover almost the entire bottom of the pan.
- Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together
- Spoon half of this above mixture over the first layer of toast.
- Then, add another layer of Texas Toast, so six more slices
- Pour the rest of the mixture over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and set in your fridge overnight.
- Wake up and preheat your oven to 350 degrees and put that deliciousness in the over for 45 minutes.
- I might do 1 3/4 cup of milk and one more egg to make the mixture just a little more dense. Mine had some dry spots.