How far along? 39 weeks. Everything is big. Big hair. Big belly. Big swollen feet and hands. Sounds so charming, doesn't it?
Maternity clothes? Nothing fits. It's quite sad.
Sleep? I am usually waking up every 2-3 hours these nights. Must be prepping me for baby.
Best moment(s) this week? My parents are here, Jeff is here, my doctor is back. All systems are a GO! The baby dropped on Friday of last week and ooooh boy have I noticed!
Food cravings: Nothing really, I just shove the food in my mouth.
Gender: A big boy! My doctor thinks he weighs about 8 1/2 pounds already. Oh oh ouch!
Belly button in or out? A crater of stretchedness.
Movement? Slower. When he moves my whole stomach moves and people notice the movement.
What I miss? Skinny jeans and feeling in shape.
What I'm looking forward to: Let's get this party started! I'm ready to meet our newest little guy. I'm actually kind of interested to see how working with a midwife pans out versus working with a doctor. I really like my midwife, so I'm anxious to see how we are together.
- Doctor's appointment yesterday. I am measuring right along at 39 weeks. I am now 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced. After that exam, she told me I can basically have a baby at any second.
- I think that might have freaked Jeff out just a tiny bit. It became a reality for him, more yesterday than any day before.
- My blood pressure is back to its awesome self.
- Everyone comments on the size of my belly these days. Can I just say, you don't become any friendlier with a pregnant lady if you're the one saying, "Holy smokes your belly is SO BIIIIIIIG!" Making sure to emphasize the so and the big.
- So cute is acceptable
- So round is just fine
- I haven't cooked a meal in a week and I've been taking naps every day when I come home from work. THANK YOU MOM I LOVE YOU!