Sunday, July 15, 2012


Where, oh where have I been?I have been on a glorious two week vacation. As glorious a two week vacation as two children will allow.
One vacation week per child.
But with less sleep than a normal vacation allows. And less drinking. But, then again, I've never been much of a drinker.
Such a whirlwind two weeks! This was one of those vacations where we were usually so busy I barely took any pictures. I know. I'm awful

Our vacation started off in Lincoln, MT where we went to the Fourth of July parade they have there. My dad got invited to play with a local pipe band in their parade (FYI my dad plays the bag pipes) so we met some friends who have a cabin up there and enjoyed the parade.
The only parade I know of that passes out cold beer to adult parade goers. AWE-some! Busch Light...not so awesome, but it was free!

Gabriel's (aka Squish's) first big car ride. He slept.

Then we were back home for a lazy Sunday. We made it to church, packed and organized our mud room (thanks Mom and Dad!)

Nursing mom= missing the first 15 minutes of church and sitting in the car because our church doesn't have a private place to nurse.

Milk drunk and hot.

We left the Tuesday before the Fourth and headed to Missoula. We stayed one night there so my grandparents could meet Gabriel.
Grandma Iris

Grandpa Bill and Gib both fell asleep.  

The next day my brother and I drove up to a family spot about 15 minutes from Sandpoint, Idaho overlooking a huge lake. That's where we spent the next four days with my Dad's side of the family.
Hot and tired in the car.

WIDE awake at 3:00 a.m.

Mr. Squishie face

Oh. Hi there.  
This is his velociraptor pose.

If you can't tell, he and I spent a lot of time inside where it was cool.

Hot, but not hot enough for slippers.  

From Idaho we drove back into Montana and headed up to my grandparents cabin near Darby, MT for the entire week. We spent this time with my mom's side of the family.

My brother got a hold of my phone.

Still hot and riding in the car yet again.

And then we didn't have any cell phone service for the whole week.
That first day is a bit of a panic, but then you just completely relax.
We lounged, did some water sports, took lots of rides, read and ate horrible, horrible food.
My only two pictures from this past week are from the pinata that we got for the kids.  

Caderyn takes a whack.  
No more pinata.

I promise more posts will follow now that I'm back.
We're still busy though and I LOVE it!

1 comment:

B, in the Great Funkk said...

Gotta love Linc. for the free parade beer!!
Glad to see you are back and had a good few weeks!