Thursday, January 21, 2016


This was our first Christmas Eve and Christmas Day away from family. EVER. So we had plans of eating delicious food and keeping it fairly low key.

 We went to church on Christmas Eve and then came home and had a smorgasborg of pizza, pork loin, crab legs, and lots of other delicious concoctions. We were stuffed, and I put a little feather in my cap for my first ever successful Christmas Eve dinner. Here is a glimpse of our Christmas Eve.
Last year, one of my Kindergardeners gave me some of the most delicious popcorn my mom and I have ever eaten. We got the recipe and both took turns making it this year. IT WAS DELICIOUS. I had to give most of it away as gifts to prevent myself from eating it.
Waiting for the guys to finish getting ready for church is a perfectly acceptable reason to snap pictures of oneself.

Right as we were leaving for church this guy popped up on our back porch. He was glorious and not at all like the meth deer in Helena, so we took a few minutes to admire him.

 Caderyn's tummy started acting up at church (this was just the beginning for all of us), so we left just after communion. The boys were excited for Santa and talked about what they hoped to get and wondered where he was. They sat in front of the TV picnic style (one of their favorite things to do) and munched on pizza while watching Winnie the Pooh Christmas. Once they were done with dinner, we let them open a few presents from their grandparents and they had some playtime.
Once the boys were ready for bed we placed a call into N.O.R.A.D. and got an update on where Santa was. If you haven't done this with your kids yet, I highly suggest it. The boys were chattering excitedly on the phone with a woman who was so well-informed on Santa and his whereabouts that the boys were jumping for joy when they got off the phone with her.
Once the phone was off, prayers were said, kisses were given, and the lights went out.
And then the magic began and Santa was at our house before you could say, "Merry Christmas." 
Santa did a good job this year. A very good job indeed.
Christmas morning came with two very excited boys who actually didn't get up until 7:30 a.m. Breakfast went in the oven and we slowly, but surely started to tear into the presents. 
This was my view from the kitchen before we took a breakfast break. 
My two famous holiday casseroles that are always DELICIOUS.
And then the presents were all opened and we lost Lucy for a few minutes.
We lounged most of the day and every hour or so I would do dinner prep.
We left to pick up my parents from the airport before dinner that evening and then sat down for my first ever Christmas meal. It turned out pretty dang good if I do say so myself.
Lucy was pleased as pudding to have my Dad there, she was his office buddy when we lived with them last year.

No comments: